5.9.10

Don't Sleep

Take my advice, don't bother with sleep. It is extremely overrated. Most people enjoy sleeping all night, getting all their sleep in one glorious block of eight restful hours. I rather enjoy going to bed later than I had intended so that someone can wake me up at 1:00 AM. I then proceed to get up every hour until finally giving up, making a pot of coffee and waiting for the sun and the rest of the world to join me. It reminds me that I am still alive. You poor unfortunate souls that sleep all night are missing out on sick children, crying dogs, creepy noises in the dark, motion lights going off and on, the company of a disabled child at 3AM and other adventures only known to insomniacs, new mothers and parents of disabled children. Yes my friends...you are missing out. How do you even know you are alive when you are that unconscious? All that rhythmic breathing, rapid eye movement, pillows and blankets and waking refreshed...take my advice.... you don't need it if you have coffee and Facebook.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Amen sister! Its the same in my house! And don't forget the wonderful snoring from the man down the hall! Ahhhh, exhaustion makes life worth living! Karen C

Anonymous said...

I went through that with Joaquin until I was told he could have melatonin. Facebook, coffee and some browsing of blogs got me through.

Post a Comment